Our Student Visa Offering

  • Students interested in filing for F visa (Academic)
    • University or College
    • High School
    • Private elementary school
    • Seminary
    • Conservatory
    • Another academic institution, including a language training program
  • Students interested in filing M visa (Vocational)
    • Vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution

What is the U.S. Student Visa?

The U.S. provides a path for nonresidents to obtain residency in the U.S. for the purposes of obtaining a U.S. education. Candidates that are interested in studying in the U.S. can apply for a nonimmigrant visa to gain authorization to live and study in the U.S. The visa requirements state that the candidate must be accepted at a SEVP- approved U.S. institution. Once they have received their approval they would be eligible to apply for the nonimmigrant visa.

What is SEVP?

The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is a government division that manages schools, nonimmigrant students in the F and M visa classifications and their dependents. When candidates are being considered for the F or M visa the immigration department will first check if they have been approved into an SEVP-approved school. Once they have been approved the candidate will be registered on the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

Application Process

  • Step 1: Candidate obtains approval from SEVP approved institution

Candidates will apply and get approval to study at the chosen SEVP educational institution.

  • Step 2: Payment of SEVIS fee

On approval or acceptance of the student at the chosen school they must make payment on the SEVIS where they will be registered on the system.

  • Step 3: Issuance of Form I-20 from SEVIS

After payment is completed they will be issued with Form I-20 which will be presented at the embassy on application for the visa

  • Step 4: Application at embassy

Each Embassy has different application procedures; however when conducting an application a student will be required to complete a DS-160 form and provide documents which will prove their intent to study in the U.S. After the processing of the DS-160 form there will be a scheduled interview at the Embassy.

What are the student visa document requirements?

  • Passport valid for minimum 6 months beyond requested period of stay
  • Form DS-160
  • Photograph of student
  • Form I-20
  • Evidence of sufficient funds to maintain living expenses throughout the student’s period of stay in the U.S.
  • Evidence that the student will leave the U.S. once they have completed their stay
  • Academic documents:
    • Transcripts
    • Diploma
    • Certificates